We are hiring a Senior Public Relations Client Manager.
Location: Cork (head office)
Celebrating over 25 years in business, Hopkins Communications, headquartered in Cork (with offices in Limerick and Dublin) is a full-service integrated marketing communications agency, specialising in public relations, event management, social media management, promotions, advertising/media buying, graphic design and print.
We are currently seeking a Senior PR Client Manager/team player to join our busy Public Relations Department at our head office, working across multiple client industries, from small to large multinational organisations.
This role involves public/media relations, social media management, event management and working across our other services as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A qualification in communications or public relations.
- At least three years’ experience working in a PR role (with a minimum of one year at Account Manager Level).
- Strong media relations experience.
- A proven track record of managing clients to a high standard as well as developing and implementing communications strategies, and experience in and passion for social media.
- A penchant for a strong cup of tea!
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Drafting and distributing media releases, editors notes, client profiles, briefings and statements for press, radio and online to glean coverage for clients.
- Ability to come up with creative yet newsworthy photoshoot ideas, attend the shoots, and pick and caption best picks working with the photographer and client.
- Strong creative scriptwriting ability.
- Ability to work to deadlines while maintaining a creative flair suitable for media.
- Following up with media to secure coverage.
- Developing relationships with media.
- Media monitoring
- Strong research skills.
- Strong reporting ethos to directors and to clients.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage client accounts directly with minimal supervision.
- Brainstorming new ideas for client proposals.
- Developing new client proposals and proposals to existing clients on additional services.
- Familiarity and experience in using and compiling tenders i.e. etender submissions
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills especially with Microsoft Office packages.
- Anticipating client needs in advance where possible.
- The successful candidate may be required to travel to Limerick or Dublin office from time to time as well as client meetings wherever the client requires.
- Working across our other services:
- Ability to work across other marketing services such as social media, event management, promotions, advertising etc.
- Managing events
- Devising social media plans to support the overall marketing campaign objectives.
- Implementing social media plans.
Additional abilities that would be a bonus:
- Ability to up sell and cross sell other services where relevant
- Sales experience
- Event Management experience
- Social media experience
To apply for this role, please send your cover letter, CV and any examples of work you may have done to firstname.lastname@example.org