Creative and organised team players – Apply here!
Location: Cork (head office)
(Date Posted: Friday 25th January 2019)
Celebrating over 30 years in business, Hopkins Communications, headquartered in Cork (with offices in Limerick and Dublin) is a full-service integrated marketing communications agency, specialising in promotions, experiential marketing, event management, public relations, social media management, paid social, advertising/media buying, web development, graphic design and print.
We are currently seeking a Promotions Account Executive/team player to join our busy Promotions Department at our head office, working across multiple client industries, from small to large multinational organisations.
This 10-month contract involves promotions management, social media management, event management and working across our other services as and when required.
Qualifications/Experience to include:
- A qualification in event management, marketing, sales or communications.
- At least three years’ experience working in a promotions, event management or sales role (with a minimum of one year at Account Executive Level).
- A proven track record of managing clients and teams to a high standard as well as developing and executing campaigns. A passion for promotions, events and social media.
- A proven track record for selling.
- Experience working within the Drinks Industry and Off-Trade (not essential but preferred).
- Full clean drivers license
Duties and responsibilities include:
- You will be the first point of contact for the Promotions and Events department:
- The recruitment, training and development of promotional staff and brand ambassadors. Actively managing teams in Cork, Galway and Dublin.
- Liaising with Team Leaders in aforementioned counties.
- Booking schedules of activity for some of Hopkins Communications’ top brands.
- Executing rosters and payroll in a timely fashion, whilst also maintaining the welfare of all employees.
- Recording campaign budget spend and liaising with Accounts Department with regards invoicing.
- Manage everything in-house from creative, planning, logistics, storage, and end of campaign reporting.
- New business development for the promotions department.
- An excellent communicator
- Strong research skills
- Strong sales skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage client accounts directly with minimal supervision.
- Responsible for brainstorming new ideas for client proposals including mechanics and promotional activations.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills especially with Microsoft Office packages and updating Digital Reports (Wufoo)
- The successful candidate will be required to travel from time to time as well as attend client meetings or promotions/ events (out of office hours) wherever the client/campaign requires.
- Ability to work across other marketing services and grow with the teams within Hopkins Communications offer such as but not limited to PR, Paid Social, Print Advertising and Digital Marketing.
For more information on Hopkins Communications, see www.hopkinscommunications.ie
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please send your cover letter, CV and any examples of work you may have done to firstname.lastname@example.org