We’re expanding! Creative and organised PR practitioners with a passion for news, current affairs, trends and events – Apply here!
We are hiring a Public Relations Account Manager.
Location: Cork (head office)
Celebrating almost 30 years in business, Hopkins Communications, headquartered in Cork (with offices in Limerick and Dublin) is a full-service integrated marketing communications agency, specialising in public relations, event management, social media management, digital marketing, promotions, advertising/media buying, web development, graphic design and print.
We are currently seeking a PR Account Manager/team player to join our busy Public Relations Department at our head office, working across multiple client industries, from small to large multinational organisations.
This role involves public/media relations, event management and working across our other services as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least three years’ experience working in a PR role (with a minimum of one year at Account Manager level).
- A qualification in communications or public relations.
- Strong media relations experience and contacts.
- Strong balance of creativity and logic, with the ability to research, fact check and establish hooks for media materials/scriptwriting.
- A proven track record of managing clients to a high standard as well as managing, developing and implementing communications strategies.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Ability to work to deadlines while maintaining a creative flair suitable for media
- Developing creative campaigns and drafting PR strategies on behalf of clients
- Developing relationships with media
- Drafting and distribution of media materials to include press releases, profile pitches, diary and photocall notices, broadcast interviews, etc. in order to glean coverage for clients
- Manage client photocalls – develop creative concepts, book and brief photographers, draft photo captions and attend shoots to ensure required images are captured
- Following up with media to secure coverage
- Comfortable working on new business proposals
- Experience in Event Management – developing an event concept and liaising with the client and suppliers to take it from planning through to execution
- Responsible for compiling campaign budgets, managing same and advising accounts team of PO/invoicing details
- Strong organisational skills, with ability to juggle numerous projects and prioritise workload
- Strong research skills
- Process driven – comfortable reporting to both Directors and clients
- Ability to work in a team, but also on one’s one initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, especially across the Microsoft Office suite
- Anticipating client needs in advance where possible
- Ability to up-sell and cross-sell other services where relevant
- The successful candidate may be required to travel to attend client meetings wherever the client requires or to work outside of regular Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm hours when necessary
To apply for this role, please send your cover letter, CV and any examples of work you may have done to email@example.com
Testimonial from Alison Nulty – former PR Account Manager at Hopkins Communications.
To Judy (& Mark) – What can I say that doesn’t sound melodramatic or naff? Thank you so much for the opportunity to work with, honestly, one of the most creative agencies I’ve had the pleasure of knowing. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with such a creative, talented, and truly lovely team of people. Thank you. You and Mark have developed something really special in Hopkins, it’s a gorgeous environment. Keep doing what you’re doing.
To the team at HC – I’m not one to gush, but this is just a brief note to say thank you for making me part of such a talented, creative, and proper sound team. You guys are doing something very special here, long may it last. 2020 is your year you guys! I can feel it!
#JobFairy #CorkJobs #JobsInCork #PRLife #PRJobs #MarketingJobs