Creative and organised thinkers with a passion for news, current affairs, trends and events – Apply here!
We are hiring a Senior Public Relations Account Manager.
Location: Cork (head office)
Celebrating almost 30 years in business, Hopkins Communications, headquartered in Cork (with offices in Limerick and Dublin) is a full-service integrated marketing communications agency, specialising in public relations, event management, social media management, digital marketing, promotions, advertising/media buying, graphic design and print.
We are currently seeking a Senior PR Account Manager/team player to join our busy Public Relations Department at our head office, working across multiple client industries, from small to large multinational organisations.
This role involves public/media relations, event management and working across our other services as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least five years’ experience working in a PR role (with a minimum of two years at Account Manager Level)
- A qualification in communications or public relations
- Strong media relations experience
- A proven track record of managing clients to a high standard as well as developing and implementing communications strategies
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Drafting & distribution of media materials to include press releases, profile pitches, diary & photocall notices, in order to glean coverage for clients
- Manage client photocalls – develop creative concepts, book & brief photographers, draft photo captions and attend shoots to ensure required images are captured
- Developing creative campaigns and drafting PR strategies on behalf of clients
- Comfortable pitching for new business and drafting new business proposals
- Experience in Event Management – developing an event concept and liaising with the client and suppliers to take it from planning through to execution
- Responsible for compiling campaign budgets, managing same and advising accounts team of PO/invoicing details
- Strong creative scriptwriting ability
- Ability to work to deadlines while maintaining a creative flair suitable for media.
- Following up with media to secure coverage
- Developing relationships further with media
- Crisis management – advise clients on best course of action for any given scenario. Draft proactive and reactive statements where necessary, while being the primary point of contact for media
- Strong organisation skills, with ability to juggle numerous projects and prioritise workload
- Strong research skills.
- Process driven – comfortable reporting to both Directors and clients
- Ability to work in a team, but also on one’s one initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead cross-department brainstorms
- Familiarity and experience in using and compiling tenders i.e. etender submissions
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, especially across the Microsoft Office suite
- Anticipating client needs in advance where possible
- The successful candidate may be required to travel as well as client meetings wherever the client requires
- When no Director is present the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the PR team – scheduling work, answering queries from fellow colleagues & managing any client escalations which may arise
Working across our other services:
- Ability to draft creative design briefs for the design team & filter clients design changes
- Ability to work across other marketing services such as social media, videography, event management, promotions, advertising etc.
- Suggest builds to social media plans to support overall campaign objectives
Additional abilities that would be a bonus:
- Ability to up-sell and cross-sell other services where relevant
- Sales experience
To apply for this role, please send your cover letter, CV and any examples of work you may have done to firstname.lastname@example.org
#JobFairy #CorkJobs #JobsInCork #PRLife #PRJobs #MarketingJobs