Want to be a Junior Public Relations Account Executive?
Date posted: Tuesday 5th June 2018.
Role: Junior Public Relations Account Executive
Location: Cork (Head office)
Creative thinkers with a passion for news, current affairs, digital trends and events – Apply here! #Job
Celebrating over 28 years in business, Hopkins Communications, headquartered in Cork (with offices in Limerick and Dublin) is a full-service integrated marketing communications agency, specialising in public relations, event management, social media management, promotions, advertising/media buying, graphic design and print.
We are currently seeking a Junior Public Relations Account Executive to join our busy Public Relations Department at our head office in Cork, working across multiple client industries, from small to large multinational organisations.
This role primarily involves public/media relations and event management, but the successful candidate will also get some experience working across our other services such as social media and digital, as and when required.
The outgoing, enthusiastic and driven candidate will get to work with a strong and passionate team of 20 professionals, who absolutely love what they do and who they work with. We are truly one big happy and hard-working family!
The ideal candidate will have:
- A qualification in public relations, communications or marketing.
- At least 1 years’ experience working in a PR role.
- Strong interest in public relations and all things newsworthy.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Strong Organisational Skills.
- Creative thinking.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong telephone skills.
- Passion for news and current affairs.
- Ability to work in a team but also work on own initiative.
- Great administrative ability.
- A penchant for a strong cup of tea!
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Strong creative scriptwriting and release writing ability.
- Drafting and distributing media materials; press releases, editors notes, client profiles, briefings and statements for press, radio and online to glean coverage for clients.
- Ability to work to deadlines while maintaining a creative flair suitable for media.
- Following up with media to secure coverage.
- Developing relationships with media.
- Monitoring and evaluation of media coverage, working with a third party media monitoring company for same.
- Owning media coverage reporting and evaluations.
- Excellent computer skills especially with the Microsoft Office suite; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong research skills.
- Strong reporting ethos to directors/account managers and to clients.
- Brainstorming new ideas for client proposals.
- Anticipating client needs in advance where possible.
- The successful candidate may be required to travel to Limerick or Dublin office from time to time as well as client meetings/events wherever the client requires.
- Due to the nature of the PR industry there may be a requirement for flexibility outside of normal office hours depending on specific client events and campaigns.
- Ability to work across other marketing services such as social media, event management, promotions, advertising etc.
Additional abilities and skills that would be a bonus:
- Media relations experience.
- Ability to up sell and cross sell other services where relevant.
- Sales experience.
- Event Management experience.
- Driver’s license and own car would be an advantage but not a necessity.
To apply for this role, please send your cover letter, CV and any examples of work you may have done to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on Hopkins Communications, see www.h-c.ie